A) Is it efficient to use precious agricultural land to produce biofuels?
Wouldn't it be smarter to install PV-panels or a Dualtower in non-agricultural area's (e.g. desert, mountains) and use the agricultural land for food production? We have compared the yields (1 year production) of :
- 1 ha of various biofuel crops
- 1 ha of photovoltaic cells (considering 10h of production per day)
- 1 wind turbine type Dualtower (using one electrolyzer (1.5MW), counting 200 days of 365 days production)
B) Energy storage as chemical energy has a MUCH higher energy density than batteries.
See below table
- Bio-Fuels data source : http://www.bioenergie-weserbergland-plus.de/bioene...
- Hydrogen gas properties : http://www.linde-gas.at/internet.lg.lg.aut/de/imag...
- Kyocera KD 300-80 F solar panel : http://www.kyocerasolar.com/assets/001/5683.pdf
- Lithium Ion battery reference was Panasonic's NCR18650B